Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Grateful at Christmas



As Meg sleeps soundly in her crib after a full day of holiday excitement, I am finding myself very grateful for many many things in my life this Christmas night.


Our fantastic trip to Kansas reminds me of how grateful I am for my husband and his wonderful family. We had 7 fun-filled midwesterd days, packed with shopping, visiting, eating, sleeping (yes, lots of naps for Mommy!), and other doses of merriment. It was a wonderful visit, and I am grateful that I have become part of such a wonderful family.


As we flew home, I was told by another airline passenger that I have a "very well-behaved" baby. She is simply an angel -- and I don't need another happy Delta patron to remind me of that. I am so incredibly grateful for her, my heart cannot hold it. There are just no words. On this day and every day, I thank God that I have been blessed with our wondeful Meg. Our first born and our little bean. There is so much MORE I will be grateful for when it comes to this daughter of ours, I just can't wait to experience it. This holiday with her has been one-of-a-kind, and I am forever grateful for that.


Returning to our home in Marietta and having my family join us at our house helps me remember how grateful I am to have my own family so very close. I take that for granted and huff and puff about the hour drive to Newnan . . . but on days like yesterday, when they arrived at our house to find a super-smiley granddaugther so happy to see them, I remember how much I love them and love having them here. I love that we can share so much of our life with them -- honestly, I don't know what I'd do with out them. I am especially grateful for my dad -- one of my best friends -- and for his love and adorable of my entire family.


A few hours were spent lounging on the couch today -- nauseous with some of the left-over first-trimester glories of pregnacy. Even still -- in my total discomfort -- I was grateful (SO GRATEFUL) that we are welcoming another child into our family this summer. This pregnancy and New Baby have a whole new feeling -- so different from the first or second pregnancies and still so amazing just the same. I know you all (my faithful readers) understand that being pregnant this holiday season was my one true Christmas wish. I guess if you starting wishing early enough, things can happen that make you so happy you can even stand yourself.

As we put Meg to bed tonight, she gave her daddy a Merry-Christmas-Good-Night-Kiss, and I was flooded with the remider of how much I love my husband. I could never ever have imagined my life could have turned out this great. I could never have dreamed I was lucky enough to be with someone that loves me so much -- that adores me in the same way that I adore him. I am spending my life with someone that loves every ounce of me -- my good and my bad (both of which have been displayed over the last week). I love him just the same, and I hope he knows it. Just like there are no words to express how much I love my children (Meg and New Baby alike), there are no words to describe my feelings for Jim.


So, I'm sorry to disappoint any gift-givers when I say that tonight I'm not really thinking of how greatful I am for all the stuff I got this Christmas. I'm grateful for the people who gave me those things -- and for the love they share with our family.

Merry, Merry Christmas to all our friends and family. I hope you are all settling down tonight with someone for whom you are extra-grateful for, too.

No comments: