Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday

Yesterday we made the arrangements. Wednesday at 5:30 pm at McKoons Funeral Home in Newnan. A simple service, no viewing. She would have wanted it just that way. Actually, she might have even preferred no service at all, but I convinced my dad we need to because family needs that closure. I need that closure.

We had to sit down and talk about all of the things we want to say in her eulogy last night. I will speak for my dad and I . . . for obvious reasons. He hates so much that he can't speak at her funeral. We've talked a lot about what the next few weeks hold. Affairs that need tidying, what needs to be done with my parents house so that my dad can come live with us for a while.

I took too many Xanax yesterday. 1/2 a pill in the morning and again mid day, then I took a whole (1mg) in the late afternoon. I slept through most of the evening . . . so if I called you or anything, I probably don't even remember doing it.

And that was my Saturday.

No comments: