Wednesday, July 1, 2009

By the Book



Meg was not a textbook teether. To be perfectly honest, aside from a little fever and very mild crankies, I barely even knew she was getting teeth.





Kate, on the other hand, is by the book. Totally. We are on our third round of poppin' the pearlies around here . . . and this time I knew it was coming from the first day it began. About a week ago: raunchy poops. About 3-4 days ago: fingers in the mouth, extra drool noticed. Beginning yesterday: crying, whining, interrupted sleep, refusal to eat, fever, crying, whining. We are on day number 2 of the every-4-hour-alternates between tylenol and motrin. Anything to help poor Kate because the child is miserable.


It's been a long couple of days. I try to console her when she's having a fit, but she wrenches her back and just cries more. So I put her down . . . and off she goes, happy as a lark. For about 5 minutes. Then she's back at my feet, crying and whining and not letting up. I don't know what she wants. SHE doesn't know what she wants. We just both want those teeth to hurry up and get through so we can all go back to normal around here.



Meg wasn't a textbook teether . . . but she is a textbook three-yr-old. Maybe I'll get a break on the other end . . . rough times when the teeth come in for Katy-did, but easier as a toddler. I can only hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been teething bad around here this week, too. Drew had a surprise tooth cut through on Monday, and we're still waiting on the one that's right there...
He's cranky, and he just sits around yelling at me like some dictator...haha!