Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ups and Downs

Up -- We got to spend 2 extra days at Disney World!

Down -- Returning late Tuesday threw off my entire week, and it's been a whirlwind since I got home. I had no 'recovery time' and just jumped back in to a VERY hectic schedule.

Up -- The Disney trip lived up to my expectations and MORE. It was wonderful.

Down -- While we were there, my dad found out that what was thought to be a small tumor in his throat is actually VERY large. His post-crazy-surgery MRI revealed some terrible news, and the doctors were not sure if it was even operable.

Up -- Dad found on Friday that the tumor IS operable.

Down -- But he's going to lose his voice box in a major surgery to remove it.

Up -- I hosted a beautiful baby shower for a friend this weekend, and the entire event went so wonderfully well. I hope she enjoyed her celebration!

Down -- The weekend was HECTIC, as I mentioned. Meg went to spend time with my parents, we had the shower here on Saturday morning, we all went to a friend's home for dinner Saturday, Jim's mom was in town (and such a big help at the shower), I attended another baby shower Sunday, and my parents came for dinner on Sunday night. Thursday and Friday were both spent in a mad dash to get ready for the baby shower, and I had to volunteer at Meg's preschool for 3 hours because I had committed to that weeks ago. I have just NOW sat down to breathe since . . . well, pretty much since we got off the plane on Tuesday night.

Up -- I only have one shoot to edit right now.

Down -- I'm no longer taking HD Portraits appointments. Not for a while. The official decision was made last week, when I frantically cancelled some March appointments to make room for family time. With all that is going on with my dad, it's just too much right now. I'll look back to the business later this year -- after my dad is through his surgery and after I've had a summer break.

Up -- Meg had a great time at Disney World, and Kate is back to nursing without issue.

Down -- Meg returned from the vacation kinda spoiled and has had some trouble readjusting to 'regular' life, and Kate is wearing me OUT with all the nursing she wants right now.

It's been a roller coaster around here. Hold on -- because another week is starting, and who knows how this one will go.

3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Praying for your dad and your family during this trying time. SO glad to hear that the tumor is operable.
~Erica

Twinkletoes said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad but glad it is operable. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

danabana said...

That is major news about your Dad. My thoughts are with you!