Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hang Overs

How old am I?

I totally, throughly enjoyed my 'ladies night' on Friday night. Two very old friends of mine joined me in town for some dinner and drinks . . . something I was SO excited to do, something I'd been wanting to do for quite some time. I just wanted one night with no kids to remind me that there is life out there without diapers and sippy cups.

And boy -- did I pay for my fun night yesterday.

I did enjoy some drinks . . . I'm not kidding myself and saying, "Why do I feel so crummy?" I know why I had a hang over. I just didn't drink THAT much . . . at least not enough to warrant the way I felt all day yesterday. I freakin' drove, for pitty's sake. I guess the hang over was just my body's way of reminding me that I'm not as young as I think I am. More than just one or two drinks is too much for my 31-one-year old body to handle. (Trust me -- I was sober enough for driving by the time we went home. I wouldn't have driven if I wasn't.)

Now it's Sunday, and I've recovered from the hang over. Some greasy food and a good night's sleep were really all it took to make me wake up back to myself today. And, as terrible as I felt at times yesterday, I do think it was worth it. I might not be as young as I once was, but for one night, it was kinda fun to pretend I am.

Off to play with my kids . . . Meg keeps referring to my bad-laden state yesterday as "Mommy having a cold." I think that must be what Jim told her I was doing in bed at 2pm. This morning, she's happy to see that I'm all better, and she's ready to have me help her with sticker books and crayons. Back to my life as a mom :)

No comments: