Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Very Disinterested Toddler . . .

Meg sings. A LOT. In the car, at the breakfast table, in her bathtub.

But, when I want her to do it as a 'party trick' or for the camera, forget it. Like all toddlers, she likes to pretend she's shy when the limelight shines in her eyes.


Yesterday, she was particularly disinterested in singing for me. I tried and tried, but she just wasn't going for it. She seemed confused about the video camera and kept telling me to stop taking pictures. It was a tough battle to convince her I wasn't taking pictures . . . all I wanted her to do was sing.

In the end, to get her to cooperate and sing on camera, I used what I know will always work with Meg . . . her vanity.

Once she realized she could see herself in the camera screen . . . well, you'll see what happened . . .





No comments: