Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it bad . . .

that I've watched that little 'sisters' video at least 2 dozen times since I made it on Wednesday night?

It just cheers me up (and I'm not even sad). And I can watch it and remember those moments . . . how I felt, what was going on. **Sigh**

I told Jim we need to video our girls more often than we do. Watching this makes me sad we haven't used our camera more. We get it out maybe every 6 weeks or so . . . but I told Jim we need to make an effort to get some video of our kids at least monthly. His solution: make a spot for it to stay on the charger on our kitchen desk area. Great thinking, daddy-o. That way we'll have it right there to grab when the moments are good.

I feel like we've missed so much between Kate's birth and now . . . and I desperately want that time back. I feel this need to make up for it by 'videoing' a lot thos week . . . which really does not help rewind the kids and give me time back. It just gives us a lot of video from this 6 mos/2.5 yrs stage of our lives. Oh, well . . . at least I'll have a lot from NOW to look back on in a year or two :)

Get out your camera today and catch your kids just being kids . . . laughing, eating, sleeping. Those moments are so fleeting. We all want them back . . . and with video, it kinda feels like you can have them back, if only just on a screen.

1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

I reget not getting that much footage of Miller crawling:(
You've inspired me to pull out the V.C. today!!
~E