Thursday, January 1, 2009

806

That is how many photos I took of our family when we were in Iowa for Christmas.

Eight hundred and six.

Um, it's going to take me a while to work my way through them all. Yeah, like a month or more, I'm guessing.

Here are just a couple from Kate's Baptism in Iowa on Dec 27th. There are all kinds of sentimental reasons we have baptized the girls at Silver Lake Lutheran Church . . .

seven (I think) generations of family have been baptized there
Jim and I were both baptized Lutheran as babies
Jim's grandfather was buried there when Kate was 2 weeks old

The gown is also sentimental. My grandmother made it before I had a single child . . . or even a boyfriend or fiancee. She was worried she wouldn't 'make it' to see my wedding, so she knitted a gown for my future baby well before the time was called for. I never knew if that was a stab at me or just my Grandma's worried ways.

The service was simple and perfect. The ladies of the church even warmed the water for Kate, so she was able to produce that winning and sparkling smile as it was sprinkled over her little head.





What a doll baby, if I'm allowed to say so myself.
Now I must dive into more pictures . . . at least I can find things to post and blog about for a while.
Happy New Year :)

5 comments:

Kayce said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of pictures! I love the gown--it's perfect. She did a great job!!!

The Fokens Family said...

What a special time with family. It was nice that so many were able to witness Kate's baptism. She IS a beautiful doll baby.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather...that last pic of Kate just takes my breath away! What a gorgeous little baptizee!

Twinkletoes said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see more photos! The dress is darling! What a great story to go with it! Beautiful memories!
And the girls look SO MUCH ALIKE in that one photo of them together! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Heather, that last picture of Kate in her gown is awesome. She is soooo adorable!