Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Greeter

It's new. Anxiously awaited. Desperately wanted.


A new table in our foyer.
There has been a gaping hole in our foyer for the entire 17 months we've lived in this house . . . a spot crying out, "PLEASE put some kind of furniture here!" A table, a bench, whatever. I have been saying for months and months, "Don't spend money on that . . . we could use that money toward my foyer table."


As a matter of fact, when we brought home the Wii and started unpacking the games, I said to Jim with a little sadness, "Well, here is our table in the foyer . . ." The Wii (and accessories) cost about as much as my much beloved table.


For my birthday, Jim gave me a table in our foyer. I guess he didn't exactly give it to me . . . he let me pick it out . . . but the sentiment was there. See, I hadn't exactly picked out a table yet -- I just knew what I had in mind. It took about 25 minutes of shopping at Nadeau here in Marietta, and I'd found it.
I'm so excited. I can now spend time arranging and rearranging pictures, figures, seasonal accessories . . . whatever I want on the new table. And the time you come over, something new is here to greet you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!

Kristy

The Cibulas said...

Beautiful! Im addicted to that store!

Becky said...

Love!! I may need an introduction to this store....