Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday

7:00 am -- wake up and shower . . . first shoot of the day is in the Highlands area of Atlanta at 9am. Got to get myself up and ready for a newborn and a 2 year old (and spend time with my family a little before I go).

9:00-11:00 am -- Shoot in one of those darling little houses in Morningside (Atlanta). Newborn and 2 year old are not too compliant . . . the sweet little baby girl wanted mom to hold her all morning, and big brother wanted to do nothing more than blow bubbles in the backyard. Hopefully, we managed to get some decent shots.

11:50 am -- Arrive back home to find Meg, Jim, Aunt Julie, and "Uncle" Adam all hanging out. Jim had mowed the backyard (thank you!), and Julie was prepared to babysit while I ventured back out for another shoot. Within 10 minutes of my arrival home, Jim is out the door to play in a golf tournament downtown (which he deserves -- he doesn't get to do that enough). Eat lunch, feed Meg, Julie puts her down for a nap, then off for shoot #2.

1:15-2:15 pm-- Drive to the next shoot, about an hour from the house. Arrive about 15 minutes late because I sorely underestimated the amount of time it would take to get there. DUH.

2:15-4:00 pm-- Work with a family of 4 -- mom, dad, 4 yr old big sis, and 1 yr old little brother. The shoot is, well . . . sometimes they just go like this. Big sister shuts her hand in the door (accidentally, of course) as the shoot starts -- break to dry up tears. Little Brother has 'selective hearing' (as mom called it) and really will NOT look at me, mom, or the camera. The sun is abrasively harsh in all areas around the house, making my job SO hard. Finally, little brother bumps his nose on a windowsill in a fit of rage against the camera, and a bloody nose ensues.

4:08 pm -- Leave the shoot with fingers crossed that of the 148 pictures I took, at least 30 will be good enough for the family to enjoy. (Pray for me, please.)

5:15 pm -- Arrive back home. Meg has been asleep for more than 3 hours!! but wakes up shortly before I come home. She, Aunt Julie, and I play and play for over an hour.

6:30 pm -- Make dinner for 4.

7:00 pm -- Eat dinner. Jim returns 1/2 way through and joins us.

7:45 pm -- Party in the bathroom. Bathe Meg, while Jim and Julie hang out and chat with us.

8:40 pm -- Meg is in bed. Aunt Julie has returned to her Buckhead 'home'. Jim is packing for his next trip out of town tomorrow. I'm so sore from all of the bending, lifting, crouching, crawling I've done on the 4 shoots in the past 2 days, I want to go directly to bed. But I can't. Editing must ensue . . . for there are two more shoots awaiting me next weekend, and I can't get too far behind.

Here's to the weekend :)

PS -- I am officially NOT doing anything like this to myself again. Four shoots piled up because of timing and because of RAIN . . . I can't have another weekend like this, no matter what. It feels too much like WORK -- and it's supposed to be fun. I feel like I didn't see my family, and now I'm overwhelmed at the amount of work I'll need to do this week. I have to get better at saying no, I tell you!

No comments: