Friday, April 18, 2008

A Pocket Full of Posies

Or, in our case, Impatients.

Meg and I made a fun trip to Home Depot for some new spring flowers (or 'fwow-wahs' as Meg says) . . . then came home and planted them in pots for our front step. I'd like to say that I enjoy gardening -- and I kinda do, at least a little -- but really I felt like I was slacking and needed to do this project. Most of our neighbors have pretty pots on their porches . . . so, keep up with the Jones' we must.

Enjoy our afternoon in pictures (with a few captions).



Just another sunny day at our local Home Depot :)




If this doesn't make you laugh, nothing will.






Meg didn't want Mommy to take on any heavy lifting . . . so she handled it for me.












When we got home, some friends joined us for the fun.


















Naturally, just after I finished planting this pot, the darn planter broke. UGH.













Meg saw my camera on the ground and wanted to push the 'but-bun' and take some pictures. This is what she got.







About 1/2 way through, I lost my helper . . . she remembered that her car was in the garage.




I might have lost my help, but she refused to lose the gloves.





Look what we did!




Keeping up with the neighbors sure did leave our porch looking pretty.



Days like this make me feel so lucky to be a mom.

1 comment:

Becky said...

If Meg's looking to make some extra cash, send her over here!! We could use an experienced gardener to spiff the place up :)