Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday

7:45 am -- Phone call from a client, wondering if the weather is good enough for pictures at 9am. I convince her (and myself) that it IS because I can't afford to try and reschedule the shoot . . . I'm too booked from now until May.

8:45 am -- Leave for the shoot. It rains the whole ride over to their home. Not boding well for the natural light photographer.

9:00-11:10 -- Work with a family of four -- mom, dad, 2 girls. The girls are Payton and Taylor. I totally and completely thought I was going to shoot two BOYS. Needlesstosay, I was a little surprised to find two pretty little princesses all ready for photos when I arrived at the shoot. The shoot goes well and we do make the lighting situation work just fine.

11:20- Driving back home, Payton and Taylor's mom calls me on my cell to tell me that I left one of my lenses at her house. DUH. Turn around, drive back, get the lens because I have 3 more shoots this weekend, and I cannot afford to be without it.

11:55 -- Arrive back home. Jim and Meg are out. *Sigh* 10 minutes of peace and quiet. (Could have been more like 35 minutes of peace, but I wasted all that time going back to get that stupid lens.)

12:05 -- Jim and Meg arrive home. Meg snuggles me, then we quickly eat lunch. Meg goes down for a nap.

12:40 -- Afternoon client, scheduled for 1pm, calls to postpone the shoot by 30 minutes. We (Jim, Meg, and I) are going to a 3:30pm birthday party at which I've been asked to take pictures, so I can't really postpone. Client finds a way to make 1pm work.

1:00-3:00 -- Crazy, insane, high-stress shoot with a family of 4 young boys. Plus grandparents. Plus aunt and uncle. Plus big sister home from college. (It was a baptism for baby boy # 4.) All goes pretty well . . . except for the part where we had everyone all ready for a big group shot and my camera memory card was full . . . I panicked and had to delete a few images while everyone stood there looking at me. Nice.

3:05 -- Back home (the shoot was very close to our house). Wake Meg. Dress Meg. She says, "Cake!" the whole time because she knows we are going to a birthday party.

3:40 -- Arrive at the birthday party. Take about 250 MORE pictures of the birthday boy and his cake-eating extravaganza. I think my camera might explode from all the use, but I keep taking pictures anyway.

6:00 -- Leave the party.

6:15-7:00 -- Read, play and love on Meg, who I really haven't seen all day. Jim makes her dinner, and I sit in the office downloading and converting images. (And writing an account of my exhausting day.)

7:00 - Bedtime -- Let my camera cool, charge the battery, and repack for TWO MORE shoots tomorrow.

At least I'll make a nice chunk of change this weekend.

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

You are amazing! Thank you for fitting us in your wonderfully busy day! We LOVED celebrating with the Dahlby's. Can't wait to see the pics (take your time though)!

Heather Dahlby said...

I should have commented about what fun we had -- I forgot to mention the 'good' details when I was recapping my crazy day!!