Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cross-Eyed and Freaking Out

I'm going a little cross-eyed from the insane amount of editing I've been doing lately . . . 7 shoots across 2 weekends makes for quite a bit of time in front of the computer. I wish I had more time to blog (and sleep, and do other things) . . . but I'm slammed.

I'm also admidst what I'm calling the "30 Week Freak Out" -- I hit 30 weeks last week, and I'm frantically trying to keep my head above water while preparing for Kate's arrival. Her nursery is a mess, the painting is incomplete, and I don't feel like I have all of the baby necessities that I need. A few of these things were sorted out at the end of last week . . . painting has been outsourced, as has my house cleaning for the next few months, and Jim's mom assured me that we'd make a big "Kate Trip" to Babies-R-Us when she comes to visit in about 10 days. Still, I'm wanting everything to be done NOW. I do little things to make myself feel better . . . like washing her bottles and making room for her infant things in our kitchen . . . but I won't stop freaking out until I really feel ready. And I won't feel ready until this place looks like we are actually getting ready for a baby. Right now, the house (is nice and clean!) looks like a toddler who has NO intention of becoming a big sister lives here all by her lonesome.

Jim and I are going to NYC this weekend for one last hoorah before Baby Kate. I'm excited about it -- I love NYC. Jim had to go for work, so I'm tagging along and we're making a long weekend out of it. However . . . that means, on top of all the editing I must do before we go, I also have to pack and make a trip to Newnan to drop Meg off with my parents (What? Why can't they come to ME? C'mon, get real! I didn't even ask.)

Whine Whine Whine. Complain Complain Complain.
I'm sorry.

Anyway, in leiu of an interesting story or some great news about what we've been up to, here is a "One Year Ago Today" segment on the blog . . . a few photos from April 22, 2007. I can't think of anything insightful to write about . . . and my brain is too fried, anyway.

Boy, these pictures stir up so many memories. We spent the morning of 4/22/07 at the East Cobb Park . . . Jim's mom was in town but leaving that afternoon, so we had a few hours to enjoy the warm spring sunshine before her flight back to KC. This was one day after Meg hit the 10 month mark, and she was standing and starting to take a few steps on her own. I remember that we took it all in stride then. Looking back, I can't believe my little baby was nearly walking this time last year.

*Sigh*

Seeing these sets me at ease a bit . . . helps me to forget all the hub-bub that is going on here. It puts it all into perspective . . . all the things I'm freaking out about really mean nothing. We get to grow our family . . . look forward to more warm spring days and more first steps . . . and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Have a great time in NYC! One last hurrah!

The Fokens Family said...

You'll get it ALL done. "Fa-get about it" and enjoy your trip!

Becky said...

Have a great trip & don't sweat the small stuff! If you need help with anything, just call :)