Sunday, April 27, 2008

I *Heart* New York . . . No, wait a minute . . . I HATE NEW YORK

Well, we are back from our trip. And I can't say that I remember a time when I've been MORE happy to be home.

I don't really feel like writing about it all now . . . but you know I will sometime this week, when I can do it without fuming inside and getting myself all upset.

Our trip was OK. Thursday night Jim and I went to the top of the Empire State Building for a late-night look at the city. Friday we met in Union Square, when Jim's work commitment was complete, and we spent the afternoon goofing off. We went to 'A Chorus Line' on Friday night -- starring Mario Lopez, aka AC Slater from 'Saved by the Bell' fame.

Saturday afternoon is when it all went to hell in a handbasket.

Someone -- a seemingly honest guy we found on Craig's List -- had offered us his last minute tickets to the hottest show in town, 'Wicked'. We met up with him, paid him the face value -- $250 -- then got all dolled up and went to the show at 8pm.

The tickets were FAKE. COUNTERFIT. PHONEY.

I've never been so mad at another person. What a slimebag, a low-life, a THIEF. He stole $250 from a really nice, friendly pregnant woman and her smiley husband (who only wanted to go to the show because he knew how much I wanted to see it -- man, I love him).

Karma is a BITCH and I hope it comes back to get that jerk -- big time.

But, what I can't stop thinking about is . . . what did WE do to Karma to deserve this??

Anyway, I'm going to wash my clothes, put everything away, and I try to forget this weekend ever happened. It was an OK trip, totally ruined by some stupid, fat a$$hole that I would love to get my hands on.

So, the moral of the story: NEVER buy ANYTHING from CRAIG'S LIST.
And stay away from New York.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

What a bummer! I cant believe someone could be so dishonest! Regardless, we are glad to have you back. Want to meet at Playdate in the Park on Wednesday to relax you?