Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nothin' but and Update

I wish I could think of something inventive to write for our weekend, but we didn’t do anything terribly exciting. Jim completed a new closet organization system for Meg’s ‘big girl room’ and I tagged about 100 items for an upcoming consignment sale at which I’ll be unloading some of the baby things we didn’t/won’t use.

I guess it’s just another day in suburbia . . . house cleaning, laudry, and meal-making going on around here.

I can update a few things that I’ve written about lately, just to keep the faithful readers totally and completely informed on what’s going on at Casa de Dahlby . . .

The maternity shoot I was set to do and so nervous about – oh, what, a month ago? – is finally taking place tomorrow. Yes, we’ve rescheduled so many times I’ve lost count . . . but tomorrow is the day, come hell or high water. I had some practice with our friends in Charleston, so I’m not as nervous about the shoot as I once was . . . but I’m still nervously anxious to get it DONE.

Basement work is coming right along. They fixed the furnace/water heater closet fiasco, and now the closet is of normal size and pleasing to both Jim and me. Electricity is being wired Monday, plumbing on Wednesday or Thursday . . . then I think we are on to drywall next week. Wow!

Meg’s incisors are still giving us fits. Only one has actually broken the surface, and it’s hung out at the surface for about a week now. I think that the top 2 are also making their way to the light . . . Meg constantly has her fingers in her mouth, and she’s constantly got poop in her pants. I even stopped giving her juice entirely to help with the numerous ‘number twos’ . . . but it’s not helped much. At least no fever, and no whining (for the most part). Rapido, teeth, rapido!!

On the subject of Meg . . . her love of Happy Monster Band has waned somewhat, and now she’s moved on to a new man in her life . . . Diego. Not Dora – she could take or leave Dora the Explorer – but turn on Go Diego Go! and the child is in a trance. She wakes up chanting, “Go! Go! Go!” – which used to be her request for HMB but is now a request to see her jungle buddy rescue some wild-a$$ animals. I miss the days of The Backyardigans. Those really were the coolest kids on the block.

And I’m still feeling a bit tired. Really, I think what my problem is that I can’t sleep without having CRAZY and long, involved dreams at night. This dreaming phenomenon has occurred in all of my pregnancies – even the one this summer. I’m so tired of them . . . so tired of the drama playing out in my head while I try to rest. Seriously, I would do anything to just sleep without dreaming . . . got any cures for this weird pregnancy side effect?

That’s it. Nothing exciting, nothing earth-shattering. Just regular life for the Dahlbys, which is nice and quiet.

No comments: