Monday, February 4, 2008

Progress

So, I made that ‘6 month’ list back at the beginning of the year, and in only about 5 weeks I seem to have accomplished a lot! I thought I’d share my update with you.

Get a business license/tax ID/bank account for HD Portraits. Tax ID DONE (thanks to Jim’s help) – now I just need to stop into the bank for an account, which shouldn’t be too bad . . I think?

Be less judgmental. Worry less about what others think. Not really doing great at this . . . but really, really trying. Just trying to forget it all because of the stress is causes me . . . totally UNNECESSARY stress.

Do more with the décor in the house . . . Lots of progress in one month’s time, I think – upstairs bedrooms & bathrooms are ALL painted, new linens and towels for our newly green master bedroom, new kitchen valances are UP!, pictures are up in front hall, got some sconces for above the fireplace, changed the wall plates in the kitchen, and completed the decor above the kitchen cabinets.

Master when we moved in . . .

Our still-needs-work master, with a fresh coat of paint



Kitchen before . . .


Kitchen now . . . new valances and all!


All three “kids” bedrooms upstairs need work . . .
Meg’s new bedding is ordered (white bunk beds to be ordered ASAP), plans in motion to update (but mostly keep the same) New Baby Girl’s nursery, and the playroom has been painted and is going to be slightly decorated with things I already have around here (just slightly since it will most likely end up the 3rd nursery one day).




The girls' playroom, semi-decorated and painted yellow.




What will one day be Meg's 'big girl' room -- with twin over full bunks.




Finishing the Basement.
Work began last week! Framing seems to be 75% done – it’s so strange to see it already shaping up. We have a LONG road to go, but it’s already started . . . which was probably the hardest part.


Eat at home more – even when I’d RATHER go out. Try new recipes, too.
Jim has truly been watching his diet, which as really contributed to the success in this area. We’ve been eating at home to help him and to save money – both excellent reasons, I think. Thanks to everyone who has noticed Jim’s HARD work.

Smile more – especially in public.
Um, nope. Not much here.

Do nice things for Jim.
A few things here and there . . . but this one will be a work in progress for ALL of 2008, I think.


Convince my parents to suck it up and buy a car seat. STILL working on this one. UGH.

Stand up for myself and for my work with HD Portraits.
Doing better . . . but the maternity lady did muscle me into a weekday shoot, which isn’t very easy for me!


Play with Meg more. And more. And more. I could never play with her enough . . . but we have graduate to few NEW things like coloring!

4 comments:

The Cibulas said...

I love your master! And the valences in the kitchen look great! Im going to call your curtain lady today!

Becky said...

WOW! It's amazing what a coat of paint can do, and the valances are fabulous. I'm going with Evelyn on Saturday to pick new fabric for valances in our family room (keeping them the same in the kitchen). So fun! Can't wait to see Meg's big girl room.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...so...I'm moving in soon! Yupp...tough luck! I made all the arrangements already!

After looking at your gorgeous home, I have come to realize..I hate mine!

So...make room cuz I will be there by Friday!

Love,
Tiffany

Heather Dahlby said...

Tiffany -- you are silly! You can come visit any time, you know . . . and I know you do LOVE your home, too!! :)

Paula -- thanks for the compliments. I think your home is GORGEOUS -- so much so, that i almost asked you to come help me pick my paint colors!!

Becky -- I can't WAIT to see your new living room . . . isn't it so exciting to decorate?