Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exhausted


The last two days, I’ve just been physically exhausted. When I say it out loud, I am greeted with a “Duh, wonder why?” type of response from friends/family . . . yes, I do realize I am pregnant. And yes, I know I’m chasing around a 1 ½ yr old . . . but seriously, I’m a little taken aback to be so tired at this point in the pregnancy (21 weeks, for those who have lost track). Dressing and undressing Meg for her swimming lesson today felt like a huge chore . . . as did schlepping her on two morning errands and to the pediatric ophthalmologist after lunch.

Baby Kate is making my whole body tired. Especially my back. I’m to the point where, if I drop something or need to pick something up for Meg, I just let out a SIGH. I feel like my house might not be looking so ‘picked up’ here over the next few months . . . I just can’t bear to pick up anything else. The bending is what gets me. I’m at the point where I have to separate my legs to bend down . . . and the belly is growing bigger every day.

And then there is the picking up of Meg. To be perfectly honest, I don’t pick her up that much . . . I really don’t. My parents have told me my whole life that I walked everywhere, and that is the attitude I’ve taken with Meg. I don’t carry her up and down the stairs, I don’t carry her from the car to the store, she hardly ever gets in and out of her stroller (we hardly use it) . . . I really only pick her up when loading and unloading her in the car, putting her in the grocery buggy, and to help her up onto the couch (which is still just a few inches too tall for her). But I guess today I carried her an extra lot . . . because I’m feeling it. She got a bit spoiled and I got a bit sore. Oh well.

Just had to complain a little today . . . people always ask how I’m feeling, so here you go. I’m feeling exhausted this week.

(On a happier note, I am feeling Kate move ALL the time . . . so some of my worries and fears that have lingered into this stage of the pregnancy are fading fast. There is no feeling in the world like having a little one kick inside you!)

No comments: