Monday, November 12, 2007

Blackout



You knew I had to write about it.

Georgia: 45 Auburn: 20

It’s great to be a Georgia Bulldawg.

We went to my parent’s house in Newnan Saturday to watch the game. Earlier in the week, my dad and I had settled on the fact that we’d stay at our separate homes and watch the game apart. As much as we love to enjoy Georgia football with one another, it wasn’t working out for us. The superstition was that Georgia seems to always LOSE when we watch the big games together.

Case in Point – Tennessee earlier this year. We watched that one as a pair, and Georgia lost big time. Florida, we chose to watch separately – calling each other all the time, of course – and Georgia WON.

Of course, my dad blames it on Jim. He thinks Jim is the unlucky charm, not me. Lucky for Jim, his unlucky streak was broken Saturday. We decided to go down and watch the game with my dad at the last minute, and it didn’t hurt Georgia ONE bit. We still won.

I think we decided to go to Newnan – well, I should say I decided WE should go – because there was so much hype this week about the game. All of the talk of “Blackout” and team spirit really got me riled up. I wanted to watch the game with a Georgia fan that was as INTO the game as I was. So, after my fun photo shoot on Saturday morning, we packed up and were “on our way to see the Dawgs play” – in Newnan.

It really was a fun day. We all wore black for the “Blackout”, and we all cheered on the Dawgs (even Jim!). We ate, enjoyed the game, and had a great time together. I’m truly glad we went. It was much for fun to share that with my dad then to just watch it at home. (I love ya, Jim – you know what I mean)

Once a Dawg, always a Dawg. How SWEET it is.

Now if Kentucky could just help us out next week and knock off Tennessee, we’d be all set.

No comments: