Sunday, November 4, 2007

Babyless

No, I’m not going to whine about pregnancy and infertility – don’t worry. This weekend, Meg went to visit her Grandaddy and Grandma (my parents), leaving us babyless.

Jim and I totally capitalized on the occasion. Jim was able to snag an early flight home Friday (until mid-day, I thought I was going to have a mommy-only kinda night, which would have been nice, too) . . . so he got home just in time to take me out for a Quesadilla dinner that I’d been craving all day. We went to a Mexican place we’d never visited – and it was a kickin’ joint, complete with Mariachi music and all. We then killed a little time before doing something so fabulous, so awesome, so we-haven’t-done-it-in-at-least-16-months . . . we went to a MOVIE.

Side Note: Movie Review
“Lars and the Real Girl”
What a fantastic movie it was. It’s an independent film starring Ryan Gosling (made famous as the love interest in ‘The Notebook’ and nominated for Best Actor last year for another movie). This movie was hilarious, heartwarming, sad, charming . . . ahh, I just loved it. I would recommend it to you, for sure . . . but I won’t ruin it by telling you the plot. You could watch a trailer here -- http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/larsandtherealgirl/ -- if you want to know more.

Anyway, back to babyless . . . the Friday night date was awesome. Saturday I jumped out of bed when the Orkin man came calling, then I dressed and headed into Atlanta to take a photography class. The class came free with my new camera – so I was fearful that it might be a bit too basic for me (not conceited, just able to admit that I know more than the average joe about photography). It wasn’t. It was awesome. Granted, the instructor talked over the heads of most of the people in attendance . . . going on about exposure, aperture, white balance, photoshop, etc. . . . but I loved it.

Saturday afternoon we snoozed and went to a neighborhood craft fair. A really nice, cozy Saturday afternoon.

Saturday night we had originally planned to go on another date, but instead we decided to head into Midtown to go to dinner with another babyless couple we love. We went to a froo-froo Midtowny restaurant, but I don’t think any of us were too excited about the menu. Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed because I was looking forward to some crazy Asian fusion or some small piece of meat with potatoes in a funky sauce and green beans sprouting from my entrée. You know, a real in-town kind of meal. Instead, the tapas place we patronized was totally organic, nondairy, and had some totally weird stuff on the menu.

We stopped at Wendy’s on the way home.

Sunday morning I hopped out of bed again to go to a photo shoot with a little one that was nearly exactly the same age as our Meg. Doing that shoot with her made me miss Meg SO much. Actually, I missed her a ton ALL WEEKEND. I think this was harder that the Barbados trip . . . probably because in Barbados I was preoccupied and not just hanging around a babyless house. After the photo shoot, I was missing my girl so much and couldn’t wait to get her home. I picked her up from my parents mid-day, and we went to visit my dearest friend who also lives in Newnan. I did photo shoot for their family – mom, dad, 2 girls – and I had a great time with them. Meg did too – she had a blast with the girls – and sacked out on the whole ride back home.

Daddy made us dinner tonight, and now we are all tucked in and ready for bed. Well, I’m not totally tucked in yet, but I’m on my way. I’m so tired – and we didn’t even have baby this weekend! I think she slows us down some, which is needed . . . this weekend was certainly go-go-go.

So, now that we have baby back and our back to our usual family, I’m go-go-going to bed. Happy Week to All!

No comments: