Monday, October 5, 2009

Back to the Pediatrician


They swear it's only a virus.


Kate was so lethargic this morning, I had to take her back to the doctor. When I sat her down next to a basket of toys and she proceeded to simply lay down next to it, I knew we were not well yet.


They gave her a good exam . . . and they stand firm that only time will make her feel better. No bowel obstruction (thank goodness). No need for blood work since it is only stomach problems with no fever. Really, there is nothing anyone can do for her.


She is just pitiful today . . . the most pitiful I think she's been so far. I think this is the sickest kid I've had to date. I shipped Meg home with my dad, and Kate and I have just sat together pretty much all day long. I only have a few minutes to blog while she sleeps . . . she has had my 100% attention since she woke up this morning. As I type, her monitor is RIGHT next to me . . . I feel like I'm on 'high alert' because I literally jump every time she makes even the slightest sound.


The good news: no puking today. The bad news: now Kate is refusing to eat. She'll drink -- and she's not dehydrated -- but now she won't even eat a cracker (a typical fav of hers).
I hate this. I think I speak for every, single parent out there when I say: there is nothing in the worse in the world than having a sick child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Katy-did...thinking of you guys and hoping all are well very soon. Kristy

The Cibulas said...

Ugh, I am just hating this for you and sweet little Kate. Let me know if I can do anything...PLEASE!