Sunday, October 4, 2009

After Days and Days . . .

of taking care of sick children, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Ugh. It was SO bad, I had to share it.


Please, please let Kate feel better tomorrow. She ralphed 3 times this morning before I could get the Zofran in her, and that helped to at least stop the vomiting. The rest of the day she walked around like a mini ticking timebomb . . . I was just waiting for her to start up again. Thankfully, she didn't.

Another fitful night of sleep for mommy . . . I can never sleep when they are sick like this. The slightest noise wakes me up and sending me hurdling down the hall to their bedrooms. Then back to my bed, more tossing and turning, and then finally morning comes. After a week of this, I'm pretty exhausted.

And Jim is already gone. Left this morning about 1 hour after Kate's latest episode started. Being here alone with two sick kids is scary. What if I need to go to the ER again? What if they both start up? What if -- God forbid -- I get sick again? I can handle being alone . . . that I am used to . . . but when the girls are sick it's a whole different ball game. I hate it. I hate them being sick, and I hate being here by myself to combat it.

I think I can will them well , right? Tomorrow they WILL be well. They will! I won't let it be any other way! (Hey, it's worth a try.)

If you have any tricks up your sleeve that might help me get through this, do tell. I'm desperate at this point. Or, if you just have a prayer to spare, send it our way. We need it to help us kick whatever it is that has taken over our house.

2 comments:

Twinkletoes said...

So sorry you are still going through this. Hopefully this will be over for you - for the remainder of the seasons...good luck!

Jen O'Daniel said...

Holy Smokes, Heather! This has been almost a full week for all of you... and what a terrible week!

I will say a little prayer that everyone is fully recovered... ASAP!

I'm so sorry all this has been going on. If there is anything I can do for you... Gatorade, Pedialyte, crackers... just let me know!