Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lake of the Ozarks 2009




We made it to our mid-west summer vacation . . . Lake of the Ozarks, 2009. Jim's family has a cabin here, and we try to make it up here for at least a few days each summer. It's a great place. The house is nothing fancy, but being on the lake with nothing to do is certainly fantastic.



We'll be here through next weekend, sunning, boating, swimming, and napping. It is a much needed trip . . . I'm hoping to come back rested and with a fresh outlook on what the next several months hold. Meg starts school when we get back -- dance is now in session -- we'll fall into routines again . . . I'm just lounging and soaking up our trip, looking forward to coming home and moving on.



Today is also our wedding anniversary. Six years ago today, Jim and I said "I do" in front of all of our closest family and friends. Six years ago right now we were in the middle of our ceremony, pledging ourselves to one another and promising to be together through thick and thin. Six years later, we've been through both, and we are still very much in love. We have our family now . . . and each other . . . and we are very, very happy together. A few weeks ago a friend asked me, "Are you really in love with Jim? I mean, really in love?"


Without hesitation, I replied a very firm: "Yes." No doubt, no question. I AM really in love with my wonderful husband.


Anyway, we are celebrating with some of the same people that were there for us six years ago . . . plus a couple new people that were merely a twinkle in our eye on 8/16/03.



Have a great week. I know we will!







1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

That's just what we got back from today...vacation at the lake. Ahhh...nothing like a good lake trip! Happy Anniversary to you both--enjoy it!! (and so happy the meal was helpful:)