Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home



We are home. Ahhhhh . . . it sure was a great trip, and it sure was great to sleep in my own bed last night.


Now that we are back, we've returned to the start of preschool, Jim's return to travel, dance class, library trips, and hopefully a much more normal routine. I've loved summer, but this summer got me all off whack. I'm desperate to get back to something that I can count on: routine.


I started tonight. As I type it's just barely 8pm, and both girls are all tucked in. It's dusk outside, the autumn showing it's earliest signs with earlier sunsets. *Sigh* It's a good way to kick off our week.


Tomorrow we'll finish laundry. Tuesday Meg will start 3-day preschool. Friday will be Kate's first day at MMO/2 yr old preschool. And I'm vowing to stay positive and happy this week. After all . . . I'm getting what I've wished for. Back to normal at our house.


While we were on our ragin' Ozarks vacation, I listened to a lot of music courtesy of my anniversary present: a new Ipod Nano. As I was listening, I thought about the lyrics . . . listened again and again to some songs that had significant meaning to me. I thought this week I'd share some of these songs . . . the ones that are pertinent to what's going on in my head right now. I've picked one for each day this week . . . and being that it's a busy week, I might only be able to post a song and picture, but at least you can see what's going on in my head.


And so our week starts. Can you tell that I'm feeling better already? I hope I am.


Here is Sunday's Song:

Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSdsfJudGE

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm


May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know


And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that


Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky, I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home


Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home


And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right


And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
'Cause this was not your dream
But you always believed in me


Another winter day has come
And gone away
In even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home


And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know



Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home


Let me go home
It will all be all right
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home
--Michael Buble

(yes, that is me!)

4 comments:

The Cibulas said...

I love that song. I have that Cd--its awesome! Welcome home!

Andrea said...

I LOVE my ipod sooooo much! It's like a gift that keeps on giving! My DLS, sometimes when I am having a yucky day and a particular 3 year old is on my last nerve, I put my earbuds in and jam out with my precious ipod, as loud as I can handle, and just stare at the little cuplrit like "sorry dude".

Kelly Paynter said...

That first pic of Meg and Jim is priceless!

The Fokens Family said...

Oh...me too! Great song for a Sunday! Love the skiing pic. You're just like me, two skis are best!!
~Erica