Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My First Party

. . . as a preschool Mom.

Thursday afternoon, Meg and her classmates will gallivant around their playground, searching with all their might for Easter eggs and candy that teachers have lovingly stashed all over the yard.

Following the egg-stravaganza, the kids will return to their classroom and enjoy a party, complete with goodies and a craft . . . all hosted by yours truly and my friend, LeaEllen.

It’s my first time acting as ‘room mom’ for the classroom. The first time that I get to enjoy hosting a party in Meg’s classroom. And I can’t wait.

Most of you know already that I’m really delirious to be a mother. I always wanted to be a ‘mom’ – to be the mom that could host preschool parties, run the carpool, help with girl scouts – the whole 9, that’s me.

And I kinda feel like the day is arriving. I’m really stoked about the party – the planning has been fun, and the execution should be flawless.

On the Menu: Frosted Easter Cookies, fruit cups, and juice boxes (plus the candy in the eggs, of course)

The Craft: I took photos of each child wearing bunny ears, and I’ve made frames for each photo that the children will decorate with Easter colors and stickers. The frame reads: “I Love You More Than Anybunny!” – an adorable catchphrase that I cannot take any credit for – it was all LeaEllen’s idea.

Wish me luck as we approach the final days of preparation for the huge, 13 kid party we are hosting! Pictures and details of the day to follow, of course.

3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Go get em Miss Preschool Mom! Knock their socks off:) So proud of your party coordinating skills. Can't wait to hear about it.

Becky said...

Adorable!!

Heather Dahlby said...

Thanks for the comments -- I hadn't had any in several days, so I was beginning to wonder where everyone went :)

Can't wait to show the pics from the par-tay!