Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,

It's me, Meg. Your daughter. For now, your only daughter . . . soon-to-be-known-as your 'oldest' daughter.


I just wanted to thank you for such a fun Saturday. Weekends at our house are always fun, but this Saturday in particular was really, super cool for me.

Dad -- thanks for taking me to the park this morning while Mom was off taking pictures of some other kid (for a change!). I wasn't expecting to go on a morning park adventure with you, but it sure was an awesome treat. Remember when we strolled up and there was a whole Autism fundraiser/party going on? It was like -- "Surprise Meg and Dad -- and welcome to the park!" I wasn't sure what to make of all the fun activity at my local neighborhood hang-out -- but any kind of activity is usually good for me. And remember when you bought me some chocolate chip banana bread from the 'bake sale' they had going on? That was really fantastic.

Mom -- thanks for hooking us up with that killer invite to Miller's first birthday party this afternoon. I know that I played hard with Dad in the morning (so hard, in fact, you bathed me before going to the birthday party!), but I had no idea how hard I'd play at the birthday party! You guys wound me up by telling me about the party on Friday night . . . I could barely sleep, I was so excited. That Miller, he's one rockin' one year old. It was so much fun to share in his big day. I'm so glad that the rain cleared just in time for cake! Dad -- once again -- was pretty cool about the whole thing . . . he knew I wanted cake but also had been waiting to play on the stellar playground equipment at the party, so he followed me around and let me eat my cake on the playscape. (Don't be mad at him, Mom -- he was only trying to be a fun Dad.)

Anyway, guys, it was a great Saturday. You didn't make me go shopping. You didn't make me wander around, getting in and out of the car, looking for things we'll need in the basement. I'm really grateful. That gets old, you know, for a nearly-two-year-old kid like me. Sometimes I need days like this where I can just run and go ALL OUT.

What's on tap for tomorrow?

Love,
Meg

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute post!

The Fokens Family said...

We're thrilled that Meg came to Miller's "rockin party" and that she enjoyed the popcorn so much!
~Erica