Sunday, March 16, 2008

High School Sweethearts

Friends joined us for dinner at our house tonight -- a few couples with whom we do a rotating dinner club. It was our turn to host . . . so we toured the house, ate good food, and caught up with one another. It's always great to see everyone and hear how all of our friends and their families are doing.

This picture from our dinner party -- I just had to post it. This is Mac, my close friend's little boy. Meg and Mac are about 10 or 11 months apart . . . Meg born in June and Mac born late the following April. Mac's family is moving to a new neighborhood SO CLOSE to us, it's fantastic. We can't wait to have buddies so close by. I'm SUPER excited about it.

And -- one of the best things -- Meg and Mac will end up going to high school together. So, as soon as I saw this photo I took of them, I thought . . . "This is perfect for the back of their senior year book . . . on the pages that parents buy to embarrass their kid with baby photos and say 'congratulations' at the same time . . . "

This one is a keeper. I can't wait to show it to Meg and Mac in about 17 years, as they graduate from high school!

No comments: