Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hours of Entertainment

I had a large piece of white backdrop paper left over after a shoot this weekend, and I decided to put it to good use. The paper had been scuffed up quite a bit, so it was no longer useful in photographing . . . but it sure did make one monster piece of coloring paper. When taped to the kitchen floor, the girls found it to be hours (okay, maybe an hour) of entertainment.




Meg drew herself. I love that she has a head, a face, purple eyebrows, arms, hands, legs, feet, and shoes. (For those of you in Early Childhood Ed, you recognize that this is quite a milestone! It's fun to see what I've learned about in school happening in my very own children.)








Kate just drew and drew . . . until she got bored, then she decided to move the furniture around.




It was a fun project. I left it over night, and the girls were delighted to pick up where they left off after they ate their breakfast this morning.

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to see them playing together?! Aside from a few, "Kate's drawing on my side!" outbursts, they have colored together and seem to enjoy every minute.

Mental note: find more activities they both love. Not only is it great for them, but it is so much fun to sit back and watch.

No comments: