Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Christmas List Begins

"Mommy! Mommy! A purple princess bike!" Meg exclaimed as we wandered through Target one October afternoon.



Naturally, I was as excited as she was to see a purple Disney Princess bike. (No, I'm not kidding.) What could be more perfect for my oldest daughter? I contained my excitement and admired the bike with Meg.



"I want to get it, " Meg told me.



"It's the time of year when we start thinking of things we'd like to ask Santa for as Christmas presents, Meg-a-loo. That would be a great present to talk to Santa about," was my response. After all, I'm certainly not going to fork over $70-some-odd bucks on a Tuesday afternoon for her purple princess bike . . . but, at the same time, I do want to get it for her. I know she'd LOVE it.



"Okay, Mommy. I can tell Santa about it. When I see him. And I can tell him he can get it at Target," my super-smart kid replied.



Well, Meg . . . Santa found your bike this weekend at Costco for $10 less than Target. And he cannot wait to deliver it to you on Christmas Eve.

No comments: