Monday, September 14, 2009

Why I Like Mondays

Why I like Mondays: because we don't have school. It was a total, 100% conscious decision to send Meg (and Kate, in the future) to Tues/Thurs/Fri preschool so that we can have Mondays to recover from our crazy weekends. I'm glad for a gloomy Monday like today . . . no school, no plans, and we can just get ourselves together for our week. If you remember our Tuesdays are crazy . . . so that just makes lazy Monday all the more special.


This weekend is the perfect example of why I need my Mondays.


This weekend was action packed (well, for me at least). Saturday morning was spent shopping with Meg, and then I took my dad out to Athens for the UGA/South Carolina game Saturday night. The game was a total nailbiter -- with a great ending for Georgia fans. My dad had a really awesome time . . . and I'm happy he did because he was SO looking forward to it all summer. He even went out and bought us matching T-shirts for the occassion (see picture). It was a wonderful, but very looooong, day. Recovering from the 12 hour experience (2+ hour drive each way, plus a longer than usual game) was not unlike recovering from a drinking binge. I was so exhausted and dehydrated . . . I felt like I had a hangover!


No rest for the weary, though . . . we hosted 4 of my college sorority sisters and their families for a big bbq on Sunday afternoon. These girls and I have reconnected on Facebook after losing touch after we all graduated, and we always say, "We should really get together . . . " I finally pulled the trigger and organized a get-together . . . and I'm glad I did because we had a blast. It was great to see everyone and to hear how well everyone is doing. There were 7 adults and 7 kids, tons of food, and a lot of catching up and laughing about college stuff . . . it was another aweseome eveing.


So today, Monday, the girls and I are just hanging out and recovering from our events. Meg and Kate spent Saturday afternoon running around with Daddy, and they spent Sunday afternoon running around with new friends at our bbq . . . so they are both wiped out. We had a friend come over to play instead of going out to meet them in an effort to keep the day a little more relaxed. And that's about all we are up to today. Like I said, we need our Mondays.




*Sigh* Only one blessed year left of our Monday freedom. Next year Meg will be in 4 days a week, so that means we are off and running on Monday mornings. I'd better get off this computer and soak up the laziness while I still can . . .


(Below: A treat for all the Georgia fans who couldn't be there to experience this first hand on Saturday!)

No comments: