Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bad News, Good News


Meg: Mommy, is going to rain more today?


Me: Yep, I think so. That's what the weather man said.


Meg: Dammit!


Me: (gasp) What?! What did you just say?


Meg: I said Dammit! because you said it was gonna rain again, Mommy.




The bad news: looks like I really need to watch what I say around my 3 yr old. Meg and I had a discussion this morning about words that kids say and words that mommys and daddys say.


The good news: the sun is out. Even if only temporary (which I think it is), at least it's out for a few glorious minutes.

3 comments:

Keisha said...

We've had the same discussion many times in our house. Now Tanner just says, "Bammit!" His own word ...

Amy said...

Don't feel bad... Kennedy's first two word sentence was "Oh Shit." Love it... she used to also say dammit under her breath - just like me... I had to learn (at about 3) to stop saying stuff out loud! They are too cute!

Priscilla said...

Ha ha! That is too funny! Reminds me of last year at the elementary school when I had a talk with a kindergardner who told a classmate to "shut the f* up!" so hard to keep a straight face!!!