Sunday, September 27, 2009

Top Six Things About Last Week

It was a busy week. I noted on Thursday that I was exceptionally tired, and after recapping our events . . . it's no wonder. I have a Top Six because there was just one event too many for a Top Five.


Here they are . . . The Top 6 Things About Last Week.


#6 The Wizard of Oz
My dad took Meg to see one of her absolute FAVORITE movies this week -- The Wizard of Oz. From the first time she watched it, Meg was totally hypnotized by Dorothy, her blue gingham dress, and her red shoes. We found out that 400 theaters nationwide were showing it last Wednesday night at 7pm as part of the DVD release promotion . . . and, well, Meg HAD to go. It was only fitting that Grandaddy be her date since he was the one responsible for showing the movie to her in the first place.


Unfortunately, the unthinkable happened. The movie broke. After about an hour of theater personnel trying to figure out the problem, the movie was ready to go . . . at about 8:30pm. Too late to start a 2+ hour movie for a 3 yr old, so my dad had to get a refund and bring a very sad Meg home without the satisfaction of seeing Dorothy melt the Witch.

Still it makes the top 6 for last week as one of the coolest things that almost happened . . . I mean, look what Meg wore to the theater for the occasion . . . this is a Halloween spoiler, but I can't resist.




#5 My date with Meg


I guess is was a Meg-centered week . . . they tend to be that way sometimes. Wednesday's excitement at the movies was followed on Thursday by a Mommy/Meg date night. Kate had her first solo sleepover with Grandaddy, which freed Meg and I up to:




1. Get Pedicures



2. Go to Hobby Town USA (a fun toy store)





3. Have dinner together at Chic Fil A




It was an awesome date night. I could tell that Meg was soaking up my attention 100%. I could tell she loved having me all to herself; that she was happy to be able to play with me and only me for a while. I'm glad fo her . . . she deserves a little one-on-one with The Mommy every once in awhile.


(Wait, did I just refer to myself as The Mommy?)


#4 The Rain


While it was not the best thing that could have happened this week, it certainly was monumental and worth mentioning. I heard that we got something like 22 inches of rain in 2 days. I don't know how close that is to accurate . . . all I know is that it rained. A lot.


#3 Kate is 15 months



Kate went in for her 15 month appointment on Thursday.


Weight: 22.04 pounds.
Length: 30 inches.
Head: I don't know -- who remembers that statistic, anyway? It's big enough.



Kate actually rocketed up to the 33rd percentile for her age/size, which was a big jump from the low 20's she boasted at 12 months. She's healthy and happy, and she's not due back for 3 more months. Check 15 months off the list of milestone check ups.



#2 Homecoming


I ended up going back home this weekend, and Jim and I attended my high school homecoming football game. We did not bring the girls (as much as they would have enjoyed it) . . . instead we made it a date night with an old friend of mine and her significant other. The Indians managed to give the game away in the end, but it was still a very, very fun Friday night.




#1 Sunday at the Park

Great fall weather + my family at the park = one awesome Sunday afternoon.



2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.