Friday, September 18, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday -- Sesame Street Edition

Meg and Kate, September 17, 2009, Sesame Street Live! in Atlanta, GA



We had a blast at Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb last night. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing . . . I heard that tickets were only $14.00/ea for opening night, so I couldn't resist. I knew the girls would love it. When I couldn't find anyone to go with us (Jim was working, of course), I decided that I thought they'd love it so much that I was willing to take them both all by myself. downtown. at night. in the rain.



I won't lie: I felt very brave in approaching this task.



As it turns out, it was so easy and so very much fun. The girls were on their best behavior and were very happy to be on our adventure . . . both of them acted like little angels while we were out. We were able to enjoy the night together, and the girls loved the show. It was a late show -- starting at 7pm and ending at about 8:45, but they held in there and had fun well past their bedtimes. We had a great time -- our first Ladies Night Out, if you will.



Scroll down for more pictures and a short video (starring Kate, the chatterbox) of our fun night with Elmo.




At the house, getting ready to head to the show. This event was just as much for Kate as it was for Meg . . . the both are Elmo fans.



Cheese! Waiting for the show in our seats.



Hey Ladies!




We had pretty good seats for $14.00! Of course, with the crazy fees and taxes that Ticketmaster charges, two $14.00 tickets were actually $41.70. So, I should say we had good seats for $42.00.
Kate was very much interested in the show. She wated about 90% of it in my lap, which I loved.

We got one bag of cotton candy -- Meg's choice, and it had to be a bag that was all pink, not pink mixed with blue -- and we shared it before the show and at intermission. When Meg asked for a big Elmo balloon (be forewarned -- they come out of the tunnels with them in huge bundles for all the kids to see as they turn the lights on for intermission!), I explained to her that it might be hard to get one back to our car in the rain. Her response: "That's OK. We can just have our cotton candy."
Ah -- such a good girl!














1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Scratch my email earlier anout pictures! I am so excited for tomorrow and you, my friend, are very brave! I heard about the balloon thing too...nice!