Monday, June 29, 2009

Stop


I stopped nursing last night, so I thought I should mark the occasion. Of course, Kate had no problem with it . . . I think she's been ready to give it up for weeks now, but her selfish mommy has been holding on to her baby for as long as she could. Jim put her to bed after we returned home from a barbecue, and Kate went right off to sleep . . . she didn't even whine.


"She didn't even cry . . . " I said to Jim, sadly, when he came downstairs to tell me she was in bed.

"But she still loves you," he sweetly replied.


I'm sad to give up that last baby stage . . . the last piece of Kate that physically needed me.


But -- on the PLUS side -- now I have my body back, after what seems like ages. Hooray! I guess I have to start really watching what I eat again and skipping my nightly ice cream treat . . . no more extra calories being burned making milk. I only hope that I can keep the weight off and not regain 5 or 10 pounds, post-nursing. I kinda like the way I look these days.


Another milestone come and gone. Just in time for 4th of July . . . I think I hear a few (extra) Cornoas calling my name.


1 comment:

Keisha said...

We sold the glider I used to rock both of my babies yesterday -- that was the first time I felt really "sad." On another note -- now how many points do you get??? ;)