Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spaghetti Sunday

My parents are staying with us . . . it's a long story that I (quite honestly) don't feel like explaining. It has to do with my dad's health, their proximity to the hospital should something go wrong. The 'rents are here through Tuesday, and we are enjoying our time with them very much. It's keeping us busy . . . mostly because, while they are here, I feel the need to tackle any and every odd job I've been wanting to do around the house. Might as well take advantage of free babysitting, as I see it.>


In between projects, we've been enjoying our time together . . . particularly around the kitchen table. We all come together to eat. My dad has commented on how 'alive' our house is, beginning first thing every morning with breakfast. Meal times are pretty lively around here. Probably because BOTH of my kids won't miss a meal. When it's time to eat, the girls are ready and waiting.
When my mom volunteered to make spaghetti for us all tonight, I knew it would be a perfect meal for us. A perfect dinner to end our weekend and our long, long week. And -- I also knew Kate had yet to experience the lovely mess that is spaghetti -- so I thought we'd all get a kick out of seeing her go at it.

Who would I be if I did not have my camera right there to document such a milestone?
Before
During

After

Straight to bath for Kate, after an initial hosing down in the sink. When we talked about 'hosing' Kate down before bath, Meg became very upset that we would not hose her down, too. She wanted me to literally take her outside and spray her with the green garden hose. Though it might be tempting to hose her at times when that angel of mine is not being so angelic, tonight it was just plain funny. Need-less-to-say, Meg did not get 'hosed down' after her meal.

The week started with Mirena Monday and ended with Spaghetti Sunday. It was a long week. A few good things happened, a few not so good things. But it's over.

And now it is officially here: Birthday Palooza 2009. Commencing Wednesday. Here we go!

3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Praying for your dad...
There's nothing like a diapered spaghetti covered baby!
~Erica

The Cibulas said...

As always let me know if you need anything! And oh, sweet Kate...that orange spaghetti really brought out her big beautiful eyes! Cute pics!

Kelly Paynter said...

Oh, Heather, Kate is just so beautiful! Great pics!