Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Of course . . .

Everyone is fine.

Now, can someone help explain the horrible behavior? Kate -- okay, I get it. She's teething. The dr said all of her congestion (and they did agree it's pretty bad) could be teeth-related. She is just about to pop the top two front teeth, that much was confirmed. Kate's behavior has a reason.

But Meg? UGH. They said maybe she is fighting something . . . maybe the pollen is bothering her, maybe she has a touch of a cold that is making her crabby. Still, no solid diagnosis that would give me a real reason for her acting out these last few days.

This sounds awful, but I almost wish there HAD been something wrong with Meg. At least then I could point to that something as the cause for her terrible behavior. I would never wish my kid sick, don't get me wrong. If you are mom out there reading this, I think you know what I mean. I just want a reason so that I can attack the problem with more confidence! I've been wondering for days if I was arguing with a sick kid . . . but she's not sick . . . so I'm just arguing with a terrible two-yr old, I guess.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed that Meg and Kate make it through the evening and night without forcing me to jump off of our roof top.

Oh -- and where is Jim during all of this, you ask? Charlotte, NC. Enjoy your next few good night's sleeps and your mornings in peace, hubby . . . when we meet you in Iowa on Friday, I'm on vacation.

3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

These CAN'T be the same Dahlby girls I just saw a few weeks ago!!??

Becky said...

Been there -- spent many times leaving restaurants mid-meal, stores without buying what was in my cart and even a wedding mid-processional. All of that was when Jackson was the same age as Meg is now. I prayed for days that he would pull it together for his birthday party and not be a jerk! You're in the thick of it, just stick with her and sweet Meg will be back soon. Hopefully Kate's teeth will pop before Friday!!

The Cibulas said...

I know the feeling! Sometimes you just "wish" they were sick;)