Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Because I Know Many of You Can Relate

Kate seemed hot when she woke up bright and early this morning. She was a little cranky. I now know -- thanks to the pediatrician visit yesterday -- that teeth are eminent, so I gave her some Motrin.

Meg woke up her usual cranky crabby self. The morning was not fun, by any means. By 10:30am, she had a temperature of 100.0, so I gave her Motrin.

I gave Kate her second dose of Motrin before afternoon nap, which was about 6 hours after her first dose. The doctor recommended pre-nap and pre-bedtime Motrin to help her sleep better as those teeth push their way through.

Meg's fever was gone after her first dose of meds, and it stayed away most of the day. Dare it say it . . . she was tolerable to be around once she seemed to feel better. At about 3:30pm, the whining returned and I noticed she was hot . . . and then discovered the fever was back slightly at 99.3. I waited, and at 4:30pm it was 101.7. Dose two of Motrin for Meg.

Before bed, I gave a cranky Kate her 3 allowance of Motrin. Meg can't have any more until at least 10:30pm, but I have the bottle in her room ready to go if she wakes up needing it.

If you are a mom out there, I know you can relate to this. Of course the doctors said nothing was wrong with these girls on our visit yesterday . . . yet they both are still feverish and moderately miserable today. Oh well. When it doubt, load them up with Motrin and hope it helps.

7 comments:

The Cibulas said...

I LOVE Motrin. And I'm no DR, but I have to say something is wrong with those two sweet girls. I can't even picture Perfect Meg acting out for no reason. I can ONLY imagine how tough it is. Let me know if you need a break. I can come over Friday AM while J is at school if you need a breather--seriously!

The Fokens Family said...

Take a refill with you on your trip!

Tiffany Payment said...

bring on the motrin is right. My kids have ALL been fighting fevers off and on.....so annoying for them and me. Let's pray all our kids get past this and back to their "normal" selves!

xox

Becky said...

UGH!! What horrible timing. If it was me and I was going out of town, I'd almost march them back tomorrow afternoon if the temps persist. I wonder if Meg doesn't have an ear infection....

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

I saw these and thought of little Meg: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22891097
:-)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Aw, hope they get to feeling better soon!

This is my 1st visit to your blog, but it looks like we have a few major things in common: we're both moms, both photographers, both in Georgia. ♥

Tiffany Payment said...

you ok? it's been a really long time since an update.