Friday, February 26, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday

Meg, February 18, 2010, Marietta GA


Here is what happens around here when I let Meg convince me she should be able to skip a nap.
She never makes it. She crashes and burns by about 4:30pm . . . snoozes for 30 minutes or so, then wakes up and thinks she never even fell asleep. It's a cute little pattern we've gotten into around here.
I'd say that we are transitioning to a 'no nap' lifestyle . . . but I still think that's a little premature. Meg needs her nap, even at 3.75 yrs old. She is not ready to give up that afternoon sleep. Sure, she can make it without a nap every now and then, but she needs to sleep for a few hours at least 5 afternoons a week. And with Kate around -- who needs a nap every day -- it's certainly no problem.
I like that Meg still naps. We might be starting to miss out on a few afternoon playdates or activities -- but I don't care. I'm hanging on to this last think that still makes Meg feel a little, tiny bit like my baby.
My baby Meg still needs her sleep.

3 comments:

Keisha said...

That's so cute. I remember when Tanner was transitioning out of his nap this school year --- every afternoon at 1, while Days of Our Lives was on, he would curl up in my lap and catch a few winks. That transition is hard ... but I'm with you. If Kate is still napping, then why not??

The Fokens Family said...

I sure hope Miller keeps up his nap that long too! It's nice to get both kiddos on the same napping schedule. I still like to squeeze one in here or there.

~Erica

The Cibulas said...

Ahhhh..sleeping beauty! That will be the day when J falls alseep on the couch...ha!