Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Julie's Wedding



There are a lot of good things going on at our house this spring. Get ready for a one topic in particular that I'm sure I'll be talking about a lot in the next couple of months . . . Julie's Wedding.


That's right -- if you remember, my sister in law Julie (Jim's sister) is engaged to be married, and her wedding date is fast approaching. April 24, 2010. Just about 3 months away. And for the record -- it is Greg's wedding, too.



The nuptials will be a big affair to be held here in Atlanta. Seven bridesmaids, 5 (?) groomsmen, 2 lovely flower girls, and about 250+ guests. It's a big deal, and we are all working together to make it a dream for Julie.
Though this is not my wedding, there are quite a few responsibilities falling to the sister-in-law-of-the-bride.



I'm a bridesmaid.
I'm the mother-of-the-flower-girls.
I'm the wife-of-a-groomsman.
I did the engagement photos and 'Save the Date' card.
I'm the key contact for (which means arranging and coordinating -- but not exactly hosting) the Bridesmaid Luncheon.
I'm creating the photo-filled guest book, and I'm having it bound and printed.
I'm doing the Rehearsal Dinner Slideshow.
We are hosting dinner at our house for all in-town family on the Thursday before the Saturday wedding.


And I'm really hoping to enjoy the BIG event, when the date finally comes around.


Anyway, with wedding excitement in full force, I'm hunkering down and starting to tackle some of my duties. We have the flower girl dresses -- they fit -- and I think we've even found shoes. My bridesmaid dress was ordered, but shoes are a job that we (Julie, another bridesmaid, and I) might tackle this weekend. I set the menu for the Bridesmaid Luncheon, with a few details left to be worked out with the hosting restaurant. And today . . . a horribly embarrassing four months after they were taken . . . I'm finally finishing my work on the engagement photo session.





Better late than never -- as I always say. (Really, I do find that I'm always saying that! I bet things are even BETTER if they aren't late.) Once the pictures are done, I can make and order the guest book. I can make and order luncheon invites. I can start scanning and organizing slideshow pictures. Lots to be done on my list of wedding to-dos.


Like I said, get ready for my wedding bliss on the blog. With three months to go, there are bound to be good stories about various wedding related activities going on at the Dahlby house.

And then after April 24th, brace yourself for another round of DAHLBY DISNEY. Oh yes, friends. Back to Orlando and the House of Mouse in early May this year.

Just thought you might like a preview of things to come :)

1 comment:

Kelly Paynter said...

Have you seen this Disney promo? If you do community service for a day, you get a free Disney ticket. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day