Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beach Weekend


It's Wednesday, and I'm finally getting around to posting about our fun beach getaway last weekend. Suffice it to say . . . we've had a bad week around here. But enough about that. Let's remember what fun we had last weekend, visiting friends in Destin, Fl.


The weekend was really relaxed and wonderful. It was quick -- down Friday, home Sunday -- but enough time to get out to the beach and soak up some sun. We hung out with our friends, The Klines, for the weekend, and took it easy. Had yummy breakfasts, went out to dinner, played Candy Land, put together puzzles, and had a great time. It was perfect.



When packing for our trip, I almost did not throw in swim suits for Meg and Kate . . . figuring that (a) it wasn't THAT warm in the panhandle in February -- especially this cold year and (b) the water would be WAY to too cold for the girls, anyway. I wasn't sure if the family pool was heated . . . but there certainly was no way would we be swimming in the ocean.


Glad I packed the suits because . . . man, I was wrong.



Our Saturday beach adventure started out as a fully-clothed picnic lunch, and ended up with ALL four girls (ours and the darling girls that belong to our very kind friends/hosts) full on swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.


Like I said, it was a take-it-easy kinda trip. Thanks again to Will and Gina -- they always take SUCH good care of us and our girls. We are lucky to have them as friends . . . not only because they live by the beach, but because they are so easy and great to be around. They love our girls, we love theirs, and it just makes everything so easy. I can only hope WE are as good of hosts when people come to stay with us.




Of course, we returned Sunday night around 8:30 pm . . . and for some reason Kate was up puking for 3 hours later that night. Meg was so ornery on Tuesday afternoon that I couldn't even fight with her when she refused to go to dance class. Jim left for work, his family arrives for a visit tomorrow . . . and I've just had a bad week, personally.


But -- again -- I'm choosing not to think about that right now. Instead, I want to think about what a great Florida vacation our family just enjoyed. That puts me in a MUCH better mood!

I think the pictures tell it all.






I love me some Florida sunshine. I cannot WAIT to get back. Lucky for me, Julie (my SIL) is hosting her bacelorette party in Watersound, FL, in just a few weeks. 'Til then, I'll just soak up the sun from these photos and remember why I hope we buy a beach house someday :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

beach weekend looks so fun! sorry it was a tough week...let me know if you need help with anything as your getting ready for the weekend with the fam! xoxo

Keisha said...

I think I should be friends with these Kline's you speak of. Surely they would love my mess-making crew, as well?! I'm glad you guys had some fun in the sun!

The Cibulas said...

What a fun vacation...that was torturous for me:)