Thursday, December 4, 2008

Meg, the Photographer



Meg got a hold of the point and shoot on Tuesday.

We were just hanging around the house, doing holiday/random things, so I didn't care . . . I just let her go nuts. She took pictures all afternoon, and was so sad when the 'shoot' was over because the camera batteries were dead.


Meg knows enough about the camera to make it work . . . she has figured that much out in the past few months. She can snap away for as long as the batteries will last, taking picture after picture of random things she sees. Sometimes she moves the camera way before the picture is taken and gets frusturated. Other times she captures a great image, like some of the ones I'm sharing with you here.

I still have to remind Meg to turn the lens away from her and look at the screen on the back when she's trying to take a picture. She constantly turns the camera backward, with the lens facing her because -- as I figure it -- that is the way the camera always looks to her. She's had that lens in her face since birth, so to turn it around and look at the back of the camera has got to feel foreign to her.

I think it's so amazing to look at her photos and see what MEG sees. Her point of view is so different from mine, at only about 3 feet tall. She takes pictures of stuff and yells it out as she does it . . . "Meg take a pik-sure of the grass!" "Meg take a pik-sure of 'Tate!" Such enthusiasum. Such fun.


She knows that Mommy takes pictures of other people, and lately she's been asking a lot of questions about it. She'll find me at work on the computer and ask, "Who's that baby?" or "Meg go with Mommy to take pik-sures today?" She hasn't really figured out why Mommy takes pictures, but on the mornings when Daddy gets her up and fed, I think she knows that Mommy is gone, taking someone's picture.



Moments captured in time are a big deal around our house. I have them displayed everywhere, and the consume my thoughts on many, many occasions. I am glad I have these pictures Meg took to help me remeber what she saw in these moments of time.



And yes, I think she's getting her own kiddy-camera for Christmas from Nana Dahlby :)






1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

That really made me smile! Sweet!