Monday, December 22, 2008

The Airplane is Coming to Pick Us Up

According to Meg, that is. Tomorrow . . . which unfortunatley, is not quite soon enough for our toddler.

"Not this time?" she asked this morning. That is her way of asking, "Not today?"

"No, Meg. Tomorrow when we wake up." Of course, that wasn't the answer she wanted, so some rather fake crying ensued following my response. I ignored that . . . actually, I think I told her to cry all she wanted, but the airplane still wasn't coming to pick us up at the airport until tomorrow.

Today has been filled with efforts to get us ready for our snowy Christmas trip. Bags are packed, lists are crossed off, and kids are nestled snugly with hopes that they will wake up well rested and ready for our adventure. I think I can say it: we are ready to go.

Thanks to Jim's mom's fantastic efforts, many MANY of the items we need for the kids have been borrowed from friends and neighbors. All we need our our clothes, gifts, our kids, and the baby carrier that straps Kate to me for the walk through the airports. No stroller, car seat, pack and play, etc . . . those are all awaiting our arrival in Minneapolis tomorrow.

Minneapolis by mid day, a 2 hour drive, then we arrive in Iowa just in time to settle in for dinner and such. Should be a fun day . . . and the best part will be arriving at Great Grandma's warm and cozy farm house in rural Iowa.

What a Christmas we will have. I'll post if I can . . . but if this is the last one before the 25th, I wanted to wish everyone a very wonderful and Merry Christmas. I hope you are all looking forward to celebrating with the ones you love.

And I hope Santa is good to you, too.

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!"

1 comment:

Becky said...

Merry Christmas Dahlbys! Safe travels to you.