Saturday, December 13, 2008

Things to Shake Your Head At

When holiday shopping for the girls, I saw a Cinderella themed cleaning set. Broom, dust pan, duster, trash can . . . the whole 'maid' type thing. Poor Cinderella. Even though she's made it to the Royal Castle and married the Prince, she still can't shake her past, can she?


_____________________________________________


Recently, on a morning that Jim was returning home from his travels, I thought I should shave my legs for him. With a traveling husband, you don't necessarily shave as often as you might if you snuggled with someone in bed each night. So he wouldn't snuggle a hairy beast that night, I shaved . . . then jumped out of the shower to put lotion on my legs.

And realized that I had only shaved ONE leg. Really? What is wrong with me that my short term memory is SO short that I only thought to shave ONE leg?

_____________________________________________

Meg pooped in her pants at school the other day. She's nearly 6 months into the potty training thing, but we do still have the occassional accident. (Note to Mom's who have not potty trained . . . this is normal. There is no magic wand for you to sweep over your blessed little one and insure that they won't have accidents, even though they know full well how to use the potty. It just happens, but I've heard that it eventually stops. Nobody warned me . . . so consider this your advanced notice.)

Anyway . . . when she got into the car at carpool, I let her know how disappointed I was that she had an accident at school. After the tongue lashing, Meg saw some loose change lying on the console in the car and quickly asked, "Is that for my piggy bank?" I told her no, I didn't think she had earned that money because she had pooped in her pants at school.

The very next time I picked her up in carpool, Meg hopped in the car and said,"Meg no poop in my pants today. Can I have my money now?" Literally . . . can I have my money now? My two year old is asking for her money. Yikes.

__________________________________________

In March, my parents decided to purchase tickets with us to see Playhouse Disney LIVE! at Phillips Arena. The tickets went on sale in March, mind you . . . the show is this weekend. I bought the tickets ($60 each!), and we all have been awaiting the show for nearly a year.

This Monday, my dad called and said he had decided that he and my mom shouldn't spend $120 on tickets at this time of year. Holidays and all. Could I find someone else to buy them?

Um, no. Who wants only TWO tickets to a show like that? Families want at least 3 . . . and moms who want to go usually want to take a mom friend, meaning they need 4 tickets. And, at $120 per ticket at this time of year . . . all the people who really want to go have already purchased their tickets. The show is not sold out, for crying out loud.

Aunt Julie and Uncle Greg are coming. And I'm still shaking my head about that one.

2 comments:

Keisha said...

I wish we could have gone with you!! Kendall would have loved that ... if I hadn't finished shopping already (and run through all the money), we would've been sitting right beside you and Meg!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... we still have K and 1st graders pooping in their pants at school. A 2 year old? No worries! ;-)