Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Quips from Meg


"Mommy! Mommy! Kate is goin' up the stairs!" Meg excitedly informs me.



"Well, Meg . . . you know I've asked you not to leave the gate open . . . you know she goes right to the stairs," replies (an annoyed) Mom.



"It's OK. I can watch her," says a doting big sister.



___________________


Grandaddy took Meg to see the new Pixar movie, Up, earlier this summer. The morning of the big event, he informed Meg that he had to call the movie theater and see what time the movie was starting.



"When you call them, can you ask them if they have candy? Don't forget to ask about candy. I'd like some candy at the moo-bies, pweese," was her response.


_________________________

When packing to leave for 4th of July events: "You put the diapers in the diaper bag. And that's why they call it a diaper bag, Mommy."


_______________________


"Mommy, where is the parade today?"


"It's in Woodstock, Meg."


"Oh, Woodstock. Snoopy lives there, you know."



______________________


Good Morning, love," I say to Meg as she enters our room early one morning. As she crawls in our bed, I can smell her pull up . . . indicating she had wet it during the night.


"Oooo Wee! Please go get some panties from your drawer so we can take off that stinky Pull Up," I say.



"Ok, Mommy. I can do that," responds Meg.



As she heads to her room, I ask,"Which panites are you going to pick today?"




"I don't know. I guess you'll see when I come back in here," she smartly replies.


_______________________________________



"Mommy, will you sit criss cross applesauce, pweese? I want to sit in your hole."



_______________________________________



(This one might make your heart break just a little . . .)




At the memorial service for my mother, which was explained to Meg as a time when we would get together to remember and say good bye to her Grandma:



"Mommy? Where is Nana Nancy? When is she gonna come by so we can all say good bye to her?"

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I like the last one. Kendall and Tanner still talk about PawPaw being in Heaven ... and they wonder when they will get to see him because they miss him. I keep telling them that they will have to miss him for a long time because I'm not ready for them to go to Heaven yet.