Sunday, August 19, 2007

Today is the 3rd Day

Today is the 3rd day since the miscarriage . . . and it's been the hardest day for me so far. It happened on Thursday . . . Friday was a blur because of the DNC first thing in the morning and the after-effects of anesthesia all day long . . . yesterday I was just trying to think of everything else . . . and today I can't stop crying. We'll get better and move on -- I know we will -- but right now we are just stuck in sadness.

Life just doesn't seem fair. We worked so hard last time, and this time was so easy. We were elated at our accomplishment! And I was so blissfully excited about having 2 little ones back-to-back -- no matter how hard people told me it was going to be. Now I feel like we are back to wondering IF we'll get pregnant? when? on our own? It was so awesome to have had it happen all on it's own and as a total surprise. But, it was not meant to be.

Jim has been busy working all day . . . he put a new faucet in the bathroom sink, installed the new dishwasher, and is going to tackle hanging a new light fixture for me later today. I unpacked about 10 boxes and just left stuff lying around the house. At least it's out of the boxes. We are still trying to get settled around here, so for now that is keeping us busy.

Thanks for all the well-wishes from you, my family and friends. I appreciate them all. I can't respond right now . . . and I really am not in much of a mood to talk to anyone . . . so just know that I really do appreciate it and know how much you all care.

Thanks -- Jim, Heather, and Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! Call when you're ready.