Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lots to Tell!

Hello Everyone!

It's been too long since I've written . . . I guess we've just been busy! What have we been up to? Let's see . . . .
We had a great Memorial Day weekend and just stuck around the house. We swam in the neighborhood (COLD) pool and did little house projects . . . and waited for someone to call about coming to see the house. That's right -- it's OFFICIALLY on the market now. We have a sign in the yard and everything! Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and FAST . . . we are so anxious to move. Now that the house is semi-packed, we just can't wait to get into the new place.

Meg and I have been keeping busy lately, as usual. This was a long week for Mommy and baby because Jim has been in Canada since Monday (it wasn't a holiday there, eh?). He's due back tomorrow night . . . finally! We've missed him. Make wakes up every morning and looks for him -- "Hey Da Da?" she says, no joke. While Jim has been away, Meg and I went to see some of my good ole' Newnan buddies (high school friends). We had such a great visit with them! Then today we were off on a photo-taking adventure to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. An old college friend of mine and her daughter joined us. What fun! They have a huge kids area that Meg just ran all over. It was a great day.

Speaking of Meg . . . I think that she is going in fast forward these days! The walking is no longer a new thing for her . . . she's really getting good. She can now stand herself up in the middle of the room with no problem at all and do complete direction changes on a whim . . . so there is simply no stopping her. Last Friday she DID CRAWL . . . she decided to teach herself how to crawl in the traditional manner, which has now been added to her list of talents. I can't believe that this time 2 weeks ago she didn't even walk. She is everywhere now . . . I kid you not . . . my dad says that NOW I'm going to see what it's like to be a mom!

This weekend is going to be fun-filled . . . we have Ryan Alford's 4th birthday party on Saturday, and then I am off to a bachelorette party on Saturday night. I'm planning to stay in Atlanta with my girlfriends, which will make it my first night away from Meg. Wow!
Just waiting for the house to sell and missing daddy . . . I guess that what's been keeping us busy! Hope all is well in your world :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's walking! What a big girl! Good luck selling your home. I hope it goes fast!

Anonymous said...

We have a contract! We close July 3rd in Virginia and July 5th in Dalton. Georgia here we come!