Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back in the 'Hampton

Miss me?

We returned yesterday from a NINE day stint in the Midwest. In our week + , we hit Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas. It was a whirlwind of Dahlby-fied fun, and our girls enjoyed every minute with their Midwest relatives.

Jim and I also enjoyed nine days together . . . and the help of lots of Nanas, Papa, Aunts, and Uncles who were always willing to entertain/care for our kiddos.

I know I've been absent from the blog . . . and, well, I've been absent from a lot of things. It's like we hit December 17th -- the day of Meg's preschool program -- and my life just went on fast-forward. I don't know how things just kept going . . . and going . . . and there was nothing I could do to slow it down. I could barely keep up. We went here and there, we did this and that . . . and I scarcely had time to take a breath! All kinds of things went to the side -- including my entire computer life. If I owe you an email or something -- I promise I'll get to it.

I also owe someone a whole set of newborn pictures and two sets of announcements . . . here we are in January, and I stukk don't feel like the 'fast-forward' is letting up.

The holidays were hectic -- that's all I'm saying. Life with 2 kids is hectic enough. But when you pile on loads of mistletoe, Santa Claus, and traveling, life can take on a 'life' of it's own.

(Does that even make sense? I hope you know what I'm trying to say.)

Anyway.

Things have not slowed down since we returned to town. My house was left in total disarray . . . so the (hugely present) Type A in me when crazy yesterday when we got back home. I felt I had to clean and organize everything . . . or at least get some sort of order back in the house before Jim took off again very early this cold, cold morning. We were up until 1am cleaning and rearranging . . . and we've only just begun. My house now looks like a cross between Christmas and what it looked like when we were moving in. Boxes everywhere, junk in piles . . . and bare spots where holiday is gone by 'year-round' has not yet been returned. No, you cannot come over. I won't be having guests any time soon.

Deep breath. *Sigh* The house is a mess -- what a mess you can make cleaning up! -- but it will eventually return to normal. And when it does, we will have all kinds of new little gadgets and gifities we got for Christmas mixed in with our old stuff. That is something to look forward to.

Anyway.

Not only did I return to a messy homestead, but I also received news that a relative of mine fighting cancer has taken a turn for the worse. I won't elaborate out of respect for my family and their thoughts on Internet journaling . . . but it is something that is weighing heavily on me and is preoccupying my thoughts. A trip (or more) to Newnan is planned for this week. I love my family and I can't let more days slip by without visiting them in their time of need.

Sometimes, when it rains, it pours. I feel like our family has had a lot of that lately.

Anyway.

I'm supposed to be doing laundry, finishing the dishes, and watching Georgia Tech's bowl game right now. I'd love to upload pictures of the girls sledding and building their snowman ("Frosty" he was named -- of course!), but that will have to wait for another day. Only time enough to let you know that we are well -- too busy -- and will catch up soon.

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I know I don't see you that often, but I'm glad you're home.

I missed you. :)