Friday, January 22, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday

Kate Allison, Marietta GA, Feb 2009



I'm working on the picture re-org at our house, and I came across this one of Kate taken just about one year ago. I had forgotten about it . . . and how cute her little sweet-potato covered face was!


Sometimes I feel like I don't talk enough about Kate on the blog . . . you may even have noticed yourself. Kate may not be my topics of conversation daily, but she is certainly not forgotten around here. She is my baby . . . and the more we think we are going to stay a family of four permanently, the more I realize that she is growing up way to fast. I feel like she's grown up in about 1/2 the time Meg has . . . some of that is just due to the fleeting nature of time, and some of it is due to the fact that she has an older sister to help her hit some baby milestones a little quicker than a first born might.



Case in point: talking. I know you've heard me say it many times already -- but Kate is talking so much earlier than Meg did. She's already putting two words together ("Daddy Bye Bye" and "I Kate" and "I Coming" are just a few mini-sentences she's spouting right now). She jabbers all the time . . . and now she and Meg are even talking to one another, something I've anticipated since Kate first came into our family.



Kate can eat with a spoon and fork like any big kid . . . because she eyes her sister at the table and wants to be just like her. She is rapidly moving up and down stairs with no assistance at 19 months in an effort to keep up with Meg. And she desperately wants to be able to brush her own teeth and hair like Meg does. It's Monkey see, Monkey do at our house . . . constantly.



I just wish my baby Monkey would not do so much so young. She's likely to be my baby forever . . . and I want her to stay baby forever.



I'm glad I have these darling photos to remember a time when Kate truly was a baby. A sweet potato covered 7 month old that I couldn't get enough of. And I still can't get enough of her now.


(As an unrelated side note -- I feel like I offended people with my comment about my birthday wishes from facebook friends, written about in a previuos blog. I was not saying I didn't appreciate the "Happy Birthdays" -- I was just being grouchy. And sad that in this day and age your birthday wishes must be found on-line. That's all. It was nothing personal directed at any specific person, I promise.)

3 comments:

Kelly Paynter said...

Wait a minute--what happened to potential kid #3?! :-) (I am totally in the "two and we're through" camp myself!)

Kayce said...

Oh my goodness...that first picture is amazing. Look at those blue eyes. Gorgeous! Great picture!!

Tiffany Payment said...

I still love ya. I even miss ya.

Hug those beautiful girls tight from me.

:)