Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BIG Week!!

This has been a big week around here!


Meg finally . . . after 10 long months of gnawing . . . has sprouted a tooth!!! It's the lower right, and it's just cutting through the gum as of this morning. Wow! I saw it sitting there -- waiting to make its debut -- way back on Monday. Now today it is official . . . my toothless wonder is toothless no more. What a big girl! Today was actually not that bad . . . she was only mildly fussy, and really only at meal time. Can't say that I blame her :)


And, in other news, Meg is taking steps! Not solo, mind you, but she is pushing her little toy around the living room and acting like the big girl she is. She did it yesterday for the first time -- starting with 4 steps -- and today it was all she wanted to do. I guess most of you were right -- no crawling for our little monkey! If I can figure out how to get video up here, I'll try that so everyone can share in the excitement.


Meg and I just said goodbye to Great Grandma Abernathy (my grandma) this afternoon . . . she'd been here visiting since the weekend. Tomorrow Grandma Dahlby (Jim's mom) arrives for business and is going to spend a few days with us. Wait until she sees how much Meg has changed since her last visit (only 2 weeks ago!).



Below is a picture we took last week at the Dogwood Festival -- it was such a fun evening! We met up with our buddy Sabrina and her brother Matt to enjoy the festival down in Piedmont Park. Meg loved it . . . she loves just about ANYTHING where she can people watch (she takes after her mommy & daddy!).


What a week!


(Technical difficulties -- I'll have to try to post the dogwood pic later!)


No comments: