Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Heading South

Off to Newnan for the day/night . . . for our almost-weekly overnight with my parents. My dad can't ever seem to get enough of Meg . . . I feel like I've deprived him because he hasn't seen her in 9 days. (He keeps count -- not me.)


Anyway -- I spent most of my evening editing last night -- the maternity shoot is still totally on my mind. Here are a few more . . .





Working with adults is SO much harder than children! I sent her a handful and received a positive reply . . . so hopefully she's enjoying these enough to still keep her newborn appointment!

Have a great day -- more interesting stuff tomorrow (at least I'll try to be more interesting).

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm noticing that most of your pictures with your daughter in them have her with cute little bows in her hair. Where did you get the bows? And how do you get them to stay put?

Heather Dahlby said...

Oh -- Meg and those hair bows! We get them all over the place . . . little boutiques, consignment sales, children's clothing stores, and even WalMart. I often cut a small piece of the no-slip stuff you put under your rugs (or in your silverware drawer, or under your seat cushions -- you know what I mean) and glue it to the clip of the bow. That helps keep them in place without the messiness of syrup or tape. She's been wearing them her WHOLE life -- so she leaves them alone for the most part -- she even points to her head and says UH OH! when she doesn't have one in!

Natalie said...

I think you did a great job with the maternity session and I have to say that I am STEALING your idea about using the block letters to spell out the baby's name! :) Hope you don't mind--but that is too precious not to copy! You shouldn't be nervous at all, I know she is going to be very pleased with the pictures you give her.

Heather Dahlby said...

Natalie -- You aren't stealing a thing :) I borrowed the idea from someone else! I got the letters at TJ Maxx in the children's department . . . . believe it or not, finding the letters was the hardest part! (Onthat pic, I wish I was out just a bit further out to get the top curve of her belly -- but oh well . . .)

Anonymous said...

I think they turned out beautifully! I especially love the first one with her daughter kissing her belly. I'm sure she will love them!