Saturday, February 23, 2008

Falling into Laziness

I feel I’ve been very lazy this week.

Apart from the lack of blog posts, I’ve not been really in the mood to do much of anything at all. Dishes have been procrastinated until the last possible minute. Laundry – most of it, anyway – was not done this week (leaving me with some catching up to do this weekend, yippee). I didn’t really work on the maternity shoot the way that I should have.

And now it’s Saturday, and the cloudy of lazy still looms large over my head.

I guess it’s OK. Most of the time, I ‘go go go’ – a favorite phrase of Meg’s these days – and I hardly let myself relax. It’s easy to keep busy with a 20 month old, a part time business, and a house to run. This week, I’ve done a bit more TV watching and had more do-what-I-want-to-do time than I remember having in a while. I guess I owe it to myself, every now and then.

The hard part, now, is getting myself out of the lazy haze and back into get-stuff-done mode.

Oh, I did stuff this week. I washed and folded all the 0-6 month clothing I have for Kate. That was fun for me – I enjoyed getting those items out and dreaming of another sweet little one to fill them. I spent some time gathering fabric samples so that Jim’s mom (set to arrive Wednesday for a nice visit) can help me finish the décor in Meg’s ‘big girl’ room. I also spent some time figuring out how to spruce up Kate’s room for her so it’s not exactly the same nursery Meg had.

I also managed to spend money, which I can do without fail, even while being terribly lazy. Jim and I have a big expense to manage this winter – the finishing of the basement is quite a pricey endeavor. It’s worth it . . . but I’m NOT doing a good job of wrapping my head around the idea that MORE money on the house means LESS money for ‘other stuff’ – for example, I dropped in to Chocolate Soup this morning (a kid’s clothing boutique) and HAD to buy some things for the girls because they were having a huge sale.

So, I did some stuff this week.

But, I didn’t edit my shoot, I didn’t go get an HD Portraits bank account, I didn’t clean a thing, I didn’t wash clothing, I didn’t return my neighbor’s phone call . . . more ‘didn’ts’ and ‘dids’ this week.

Deep Breath. Sigh. Trying to find motivation to get back into the swing of things.

My cousin’s son ‘spits out the crabbies’ when he’s in a crabby mood. That’s a GREAT idea. Maybe I’ll try to spit out my lazies. I hope that does the trick.

No comments: